Member Discussion ForumsLog on to view members only content.
Welcome to OOWA’s Members only discussion forum, one of the many benefits of joining OOWA. Use this area of our website to engage in conversation with fellow colleagues in the onsite and decentralized sewage system industry. Pose issues, ask questions, exchange ideas, and share opinions about all things Part 8.
If you are already logged in, the member only forum, and all available categories, will be visible. If you are not logged in, click the “Logon” button and you will be redirected to a login page.
There are multiple forum categories available, including one titled “Category Suggestions”. If the topic you are looking to discuss does not fit into one of the existing categories, please suggest it for consideration by OOWA.
- Last Post
Rules of Conduct
- 1. Always treat others with kindness and respect, even if you don’t agree with them
- 2. Stay on topic, don’t intentionally derail threads, don’t troll, don’t spam
- 3. Use appropriate language
- 4. Do not intentionally insult or offend others
- 5. We don’t tolerate hate speech, intimidation, harassment, sexual, racial or ethnic slurs, or discrimination
- 6. OOWA has the right to remove any comments deemed inappropriate at any time
- 7. OOWA has the right to remove any members deemed to be acting inappropriate at any time
Please refer to the Member Code of Conduct for further guidelines. All opinions expressed in this forum are opinions of the author and are not to be considered advice. The forum is for discussion purposes only.
To post in the forum, click on the relevant category. You can then “Create New Topic in (category)” Add a relevant title and your question/comment. If you would like to be notified when folks reply to your topic, click the “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” checkbox. When done, click Submit.
If you would like to stay abreast of activity in a particular category or topic, you may click the “Subscribe” button in the top right corner.
- No Topics
2023 Regional Meeting Series Panel Discussion Topics
Join us throughout Ontario this fall for our 2023 Regional Meeting series. To continue the conversation on the below topics of discussion, one must log in to the forum with their membership credentials.
- What are the legal and moral responsibilities involved when dealing with an onsite sewage system that is not up to standard?
- What is the responsibility of the inspector for enforcement of systems once there is a failure or when not up to code?
- Do you see tank decay as a major issue?
- What kind of alternative solutions are possible for small lots?
- Blasting – what design and approval considerations are required when a system includes blasting?
- How do you check the onsite sewage system when buying a house, or working for a buyer?
- How would you inspect a system on behalf of the homes seller to avoid poor outcomes?
- What is the typical application of a shallow buried trench?
- How do separation distances between Part 8 and spatial separation requirements in Part 7 apply to water service lines?
- When working in regulated areas, when do you need to consult conservation authorities?
- No Topics
- Rules of Conduct